Bonding with you Cat
Cats can be known as independent and not very social. However, cats do bond to their owners!
Bonding with your cat is a great feeling. It isn't only an amazing relationship, but bonding to your cat also benefits your health and well being. Bonding is important for both you and your cat because both of you will live a happier and healthier life. Bonds can develop naturally through your life with your cat as you two interact and live together.
Is my cat bonded with me? How do I know? Do you ever wonder if you and your cat are truly bonded? What does it mean to be bonded?
So how do you know if your cat is bonded with you?
Some signs that you and your cat are bonding are:
- Your cat approaches you with the tail held up vertical
- Your cat will head bunt or head bump you with their forehead
- Your cat will rub their face/cheeks on you
- Your cat will slow blink (slowly close eyes) while looking at you
- Your cat wil chirrup and purr around you
- Your cat will jump and sit on your lap
- Your cat will enjoy resting near you
- Your cat will roll over to expose their belly
- Your cat will present their butt to you and life up their tail
- Your cat will knead or make biscuits on you
- Your cat will lick you
- Your cat will gently gum/bite you
How to bond with your cat:
First, understand that cats all have their own unique temperament and personality. You need to understand what type of interaction your cat wants. The only way that you can do this is to spend time with your cat and understand cat body language.
Cats learn a lot about humans, as a kitten, before 8 weeks of age. If you know where your cat was at this age or who your cat was with, you will have a better understanding of their temperament. If a kitten is handled by a variety of people during their socialization period (before 8 weeks old), they will be able to bond easier to people. They will associate people wit positive experiences.
But you can still bond with your cat if your cat is older. It takes time to grow a bond with your cat.
The main thing that you need to ensure is that your cat feels safe and comfortable around you.
To make a cat feel safe and comfortable:
- give them space
- give them time alone
- give them their own hiding spot (box, top of a tall cat tree, etc.)
- let your cat come to you, don't force your cat to do anything it doesn't want to do
- pet your cat on their own terms, over time they will come more often to you for cuddles and pets for a longer time, if you don't force them in the beginning.
Here are some things that you can do to grow a bond with your cat:
- play with your cat daily, best to keep a schedule and play at the same time each day
- play with a variety of toys, keep it interesting!
- get down at their level (the floor) when interacting with them)
- don't force them to interact, let them make the first move
- at first, keep physical contact brief and focus only touching them on the forehead, cheeks, ears, and chin
- use a sfot gentle voice around your cat
- feed your cat on a schedule, same time every day
- make feeding time a bonding experience by talking to them while they eat
- learn cat body language so that you will be able to interpret what your cat wants, when your cat has had enough petting, wants to play, is feeling uncomfortable or unsafe. Your cat is always trying to communicate with you and when you know how to respond your bond will grow.
- brush your cat
- teach your cat basic tricks. Cats are trainable with time and patience. They are not as motivated by praise as dogs and do not seek to please, but can be trained with some time and patience. Teaching a cat tricks is a great way to strengthen your bond.
- Provide mental stimulation for your cat
- Ease your cat into any transitions. Cats do not like change. If you have to make any adjustments to your schedule or home, do it gradually.
Do you want to bond with your cat?
You're in luck!
Consider joining the FREE Bond with your Pet Challenge
With the Free Challenge, you can win some AMAZING PRIZES!
Participate in the FREE "Bond with your Pet Challenge"
& join other animal lovers in a community.
You will receive support, inspiration, motivation
Plus! WIN PRIZES
!& of course you and your pet will be on the way to some amazing life improvements
For 6 days (Oct.16th - 21st), you will spend at least 15 minutes of quality time with your cat or dog, during this time, you are mindfully interacting with your pet.
Join the Cherished Companions FaceBook Page.
Participate in the Challenge's daily post on the FaceBook page. You will comment what you and your pet did for that day.
Post a picture everyday of what you and your pet did that day on FaceBook OR Instagram. Be sure to tag @cherishedcompanions on instagram OR @ccpawfamily on FaceBook so that we can find it!
Bonus points if you post on both FaceBook and Instagram every day!
On Oct. 23rd the Winners be announced. There will be 4 Winners.
(Winners will be able to choose one of the following)
- One 40 min Distance Reiki Energy Healing for your Pet
- Animal Communication and Pet Tarot Reading
- Cat Behavioral Consultation- Puppy Training Package PDF download right to your email
- Painted Pet Portrait
Want even more!?
The animals that we share our life with are amazing.They give us so much love, joy, and greatly improve our own life.Since my animals give me so much, I do everything that I can to make sure that I give them the best life possible! In doing so, I create an amazing bond with my cats and my dog!But it isn't easy. It takes time, effort and knowledge.This membership makes it easy to ensure that your pet feels loved and is living a high quality life.This membership assists you in giving the animals in your life balance in mind, body, and spirit.When your pet is living in balance, behavioral and health* issues tend to naturally improve or reduce.*In no way does this membership replace or act as veterinary treatment or advice
What is this Membership? What's included?
At the beginning of every month, you will attend an online class, providing you with knowledge and techniques based on the topic of the month.You will be a part of a community of like-minded pet parents to share with, learn from, and create great friendships with.You will stay motivated and supported with all pet related topics.You will create an amazing, strong, positive bond with your pet.You will be consistently motivated and inspired with new ideas and activities to do with your pet.Your pet will be on their way to becoming balanced in mind, body, and soul.Your pet will be challenged both physically and mentally, ensuring quality of life improvements.You will learn holistic and natural treatments for your pet.You will gain an understanding in how to train your pet and improve behavioral issues.
This Membership is for you if..
You love your pet
You want your pet to feel loved and live a happy, high quality life
You want to learn DIY holistic and natural treatments for your pet
You want to grow and improve your bond with your pet
You want to play fun, new games and activities with your pet
You want to be part of a community of like minded pet parents
You want to be a humane pet owner, the ultimate pet parent
You are interested in the monthly topics! (topics listed below)
At the beginning of every month, you will attend an online class, providing you with knowledge and techniques based on the topic of the month. These are the up coming topics that will be covered throughout the year in no particular order.Communication
Meditation and Reiki
Massage and T-touch
Enrichment, Games, Toys
Healing with Crystals
Healthy and Natural Food and Treats
Outdoor Adventure and Activities
- A free 30 min distance Reiki session for your pet
- A Bonus Surprise gift that you'll receive in December (during the holidays) surprise gift valued at $50+
- A discounted price of only $300 for 1 year of membership
If you register in full after November 5th, but before December 1st 2018, you will receive:
- A free communicative and tarot reading for your pet
- A discounted price of only $315 CAD (Canadian Dollars)
If you register in full after December 1st 2018, you will pay full price of $360 CAD (Canadian Dollars)
Registration Closes for the year on December 31st 2018 midnight pst
Click here to learn more about the membership